Friday, July 5, 2013

Its starts with..

For the longest time I had been struggling with my capabilities. I always thought that  I didn't had the chops to do anything or be anyone. This was basically my motto in life. When ever I see someone I know succeed in life, I give them my nod of approval but somewhere in the back of my mind I always wondered if I could do the same.


I thought that the problem was everything else. It never occured to me that the problem was looking me dead in the eyes as I looked at the mirror. Then one day it finally dawned upon me that I needed to do something with my life. I needed to prove to myself that I can do what others can. That I could also achieve in life.

So I picked up my bass guitar and started learning how to actually play it. It was a small step but I needed a catalyst for my new found determination. I started practicing, slowly, constantly and then I started to improve quite a bit and I was quite surprised that I could finally do something "good". 

I also started growing my hair for the first time and it was a very exciting experience. After accomplishing these small goals I realized that I could do anything and accomplish a lot of things if I set my mind to it and focus on achieving it. Sure it was just some petty goals but it really opened up alot of doors for me. 

Everyone has the potential to do something big with their lives. All you have to do is "start" with something and that something will spread like a wildfire that will light the way towards you're dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment